- Make sure your lower back in covered when cycling. If the muscles grow cold they can become stiff and painful.
- Cycle out of the saddle occasionally during a ride, It will help exercise different muscles and allow your muscle to stretch.
- Change in to dry clothes as soon as you can if you sweat or get wet while cycling, to avoid catching a cold.
- Make sure your saddle is the right height, if is too high or too low it will put strain on your knees.
- Wear a cycling mask if you regularly ride in traffic, A mask can also help if you suffer from asthma .
(Source : http://www.balicycling.com )